The Narrow Fabrics Institute (NFI) defines narrow fabrics as textiles that are no more than 12 inches (300mm) in width and are made by weaving, knitting or braiding fibers or yarns with an edge to prevent unraveling. NFI works to support new technology, specifications and testing. The Division sells abrasion rods specified in ASTM D6770 and disseminates revenue to textile-related programs.
Join NFI today for exclusive benefits not found elsewhere in the industry.
- Expand your market by lobbying and educating federal and state officials
- Receive the latest information on trade agreements, legislation, and import/export data impacting NFI members and the specialty fabrics industry
- Exposure to the educational sector through the annual NFI Student Design Challenge
- Exclusive IFAI and NFI scholarships are available for member employees and their families
- Access industry resources, educational materials and a member directory
- Understand your market more with in-depth research
- Complimentary magazine subscriptions to Specialty Fabrics Review
- Be an editorial source for IFAI’s publications; share your knowledge and products
- Showcase your innovation in the distinguished International Achievement Awards and other competitions
- Download “Proud Member of Narrow Fabrics Division” Logo (members only)
- Member pricing on advertising in all IFAI publications and free product listing in Specialty Fabrics Review Buyer’s Guide*
- Collaborate with other IFAI divisions and external partners including NCTO, ITAC, and AFMA to work on areas that impact your industry like the Berry Amendment, the Trans-Pacific Partnership and the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership trade agreements
- Member pricing for exhibiting at and attending the annual IFAI Expo and the Outlook Conference
- Exclusive member pricing on International Achievement Award (IAA) submissions
- Member-only access to IFAI’s InfoCentral, a resource for sourcing questions and referrals
- Opportunities to collaborate with other IFAI divisions and external partners
- Member exclusive webinars
Visit Member Benefits to see how IFAI membership provides a strong return on investment, including a marketplace of services to increase your savings.
*Some restrictions apply; call for details.
The mission of the Narrow Fabrics Institute shall be:
- To promote in a positive manner the interests of the narrow fabrics industry.
- To promote lawful and fair trade practices, customs and usage.
- To generate revenue through the sale of abrasion rods and disseminate said revenue toward textile related programs.
- To meet and network at least annually at an IFAI conference and/or other designated location.